3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
4 cups hot water
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper
1⁄3 cup milk, your choice
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- In Round Steamer, combine pasta and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high 10-12 min, stirring halfway through. Pasta should be al dente. Strain; set aside.
- Crumble beef into Round Steamer. Cover; microwave on high 3 min. Using Ground Meat Separator, break up chunks.
- Dice pepper; add to steamer. Microwave an additional 1-2 min, or until beef is cooked through and peppers are tender-crisp. Carefully drain and discard liquid from steamer.
- Stir in cooked pasta, milk, and cheese. Microwave, with lid on, for 30 second intervals until the cheese is melted and well incorporated, about 1 min 30 sec. Stir at each 30 sec intervals.
- Stir in dip mix. Serve immediately.
For best results, use freshly grated cheddar cheese. You can grate it while the pasta is cooking.
If you don’t have an Epicure Steamer, swap in a large saucepan, and cook pasta on the stovetop. Strain, and use the same pan to cook the beef. Add pasta, milk, and cheese and stir until well incorporated.